SEO is an essential element of internet marketing. Better SEO rank often contributes to conversion rates as it helps your site land on the first page of search results.
When working on improving SEO practices, marketers have this strategy called competitor analysis. It allows you to check your competitors' content strategies and the number of backlinks that refer to their pages.
This is exceptionally important because you understand what they’re doing and how you can do better.
This way, it’d be much easier for you to measure how effective your competitors' tactics are. You can also access and track your competitors' backlinks immediately.
As a result, you're able to make a better content strategy to increase your SEO rank.
The benefits of using backlink checkers
Checking on your competitors' content strategy is a practical consideration. It helps you identify which content works out in bringing more traffic. Hence, using backlink checker tools allows you to access the most profitable content.
Moreover, you'll receive other benefits that help you improve your business on the internet. When accessing backlink checker tools, you'll find out the quality of each link.
Low-ranking backlinks, for example, can be more hindering to your site in the long run rather than improving since they refer to pages that aren't credible.
Google can detect harmful sites and automatically give penalties or even suspend them when found out. This will affect your page badly, resulting in a lower SEO value since the search engine crawlers can de-index your page.
On the other hand, a good-quality referring domain has high credibility so it will improve your SEO rank. This type of domain doesn't include an external link (which is to your page) easily. That's why getting backlinks from high-quality domains can help you boost your page rank.
Popular free backlink checkers on the internet
You can always register yourself in the premium version of backlink checker tools as they offer a complete analysis that you don't want to miss out on.
However, there are free backlink checker tools that provide robust features. This will come in handy for startups and small businesses with tight budgets.
Ahrefs is one of the most comprehensive SEO analysis tools on the internet. Every savvy marketer knows this tool.
Its features cover a full-set report of keyword checking, backlinks, SEO methodologies, etc. What's more? Ahrefs always updates the crawled sites every 15-30 minutes, allowing you to get the latest analysis of your site.
- You can check keyword suggestions, such as short and long-tail keywords, as well as their search volume.
- With Ahrefs, analyzing your page rank can never be easier. You're able to track your SERP rank, get rank alert, and its localization.
- Working on off-page SEO requires useful software. You can easily check your competitors' content, monitor backlinks, and access data visualization.
SEMRush is the second most popular backlink checker tool so far. Its features are as complete as Ahrefs, and it's well-integrated into other platforms like Google Search Console, Majestic, and Google Analytics
SEMRush also allows you to monitor dofollow and nofollow links to your pages. Moreover, it makes it much easier for you to disavow backlinks that may harm your site.
- SEMRush helps you measure metrics, like session, engagement, return, and search rank in real-time.
- It also offers keyword research to identify long-tail keywords and their search volume.
- With this tool, you can track competitors' backlinks as well as top pages. You can also create a link-building list for your off-page SEO strategy and monitor your SERP rank.
3. SEO Spyglass
This backlink checker tool helps you monitor significant backlinks on your competitors. You can check up to 1,100 backlinks per domain, and it's free. With this data, you're able to arrange the next content campaign seamlessly.
Moreover, SEO Spyglass offers domain comparisons where you can put your site and a few of your competitors' pages to see where the backlink intersect. That way, you'll find out new opportunities to gain inbound links to your site.
- This tool helps you sort and filter backlinks through several attributions, such as anchor text, domain & page authority, linking & linked pages, and dofollow & nofollow links.
- SEO spyglass can quickly identify traffic-generating backlinks on a site.
- Also, it provides you a feature to track the competitors' link-building secrets.
4. Majestic SEO
Although it isn't as comprehensive as tools like Ahrefs or SEMRush, Majestic SEO is worth mentioning when we talk about backlink checker tools. This tool allows you to access the link index database, giving you a chance to sneak a peek at the high-quality domains on the internet.
Its backlink citation feature helps you pull new and archived backlinks on a site. You can access the data in real-time, giving you a chance to export the latest, updated citation.
- Majestic SEO has one of the most extensive crawlers in this industry.
- It offers backlink citation flow and trust flow, which provides the quality of each link.
- This backlink checker tool offers a graph presentation, allowing you to understand the metric better.
This tool will help you monitor real-time backlinks of up to 400 links for each domain. Although it's a bit limited compared to the other checker tools above, the results are already sorted from high-quality links to the lowest. With this default setting, you'll be able to find the best grade link to analyze further.
- You can monitor backlinks on your site and competitors in real-time.
- Each backlink data result is equipped with information like anchor text, link types (do-follow & no-follow), page summary, domain rating, and referring domain.
- Seobility also provides competitor metric analysis, like SERP rank, domain strength, backlinks, and organic search traffic.
This free tool will help you to show quality backlinks from the website, it uses the Alexa backlink method to show you a number of links. one more benefit of this website is you can generate high-quality backlinks for free.
- Entiretools.com offers 100+ SEO tools for free
- Full PDF reports about your website errors and ways to improve
- 100% free to use
Backlink checker tools are handy for marketers to monitor their site link performance and check the competitors' links. The tool can be beneficial in planning the off-page SEO strategy, like a link-building scheme. With this tool, marketers can track and access competitors' content strategies effectively.
The free backlink checker tools above are convenient to use, especially when you're on a tight budget. Their features are surprisingly enough for you to check basic SEO analytics for your business.
Although you may need to integrate one platform into another, these free tools are sufficient for analyzing potential inbound links.